Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Comic-Con 2008 ~ Day 2 ~ Part 2

Thursday, July 24, 2008

After the Twilight panel, the hall cleared out so we moved up to the front of our section, which wasn’t bad because we didn’t have anyone blocking our view. I hadn’t been settled in my new seat very long when I received a phone call from Marcy who had secured two seats in the third row! She asked if I wouldn’t mind moving up to sit beside her and bring her camera bag, of course I didn’t mind!

Disney
Race to Witch Mountain
Panel: Dwayne Johnson, Carla Gugino, and director Andy Fickman.
I’m not sure if the movie is necessarily a remake of the classic Disney film which I vaguely remember, but if it is the special effects, CGI, and action looked great in the clips they showed. Coming to theaters March 2009, this looks like a good one to take my niece and nephew to.



Lionsgate / Marvel
Hulk vs Wolverine
Panel: The writers and producers Craig Kyle, Frank Paur, and Christopher Yost
The full cartoon was shown which was when I went to the restroom, ate a granola bar, and dosed off. Definitely not something I would watch, but the panel did discuss how the trend was to go straight to DVD because the content was not geared for Saturday morning cartoons, too much fighting and blood.



Dark Castle
Ninja Assassin

Panel: Producer Joel Silver, James McTeigue, and Rain.
Wow the fangirls were there to see Rain! Again the screaming was deafening. I had never heard of Rain before, but he was a cutie and taking in all the admiration from his fans like a veteran.

After Ninja Assassins the girls in front of me left so I was able to take their seats. So two of the ladies in our group moved up! Lynne and I were in the second row with Marcy and Lois in the third row! We had the perfect seats!

Whiteout
Panel: Producer Joel Silver and director Dominic Sena,

The Hills Run Red
Panel: Producer Joel Silver, Sophie Monk, William Sadler, and Tad Hilgenbrink
They showed a trailer to this horror flick, definitely will not see this one. I’m not into blood and gore. But again they talked was about the trend going straight to DVD instead in the theater.

Rockn’Rolla
Panel: Director Guy Richie, Joel Silver, Guy Ritchie, Jeremy Piven, Chris Bridges, Idris Elba, and Gerard Butler.




Of course they saved the best for last, this is the panel the Girlies came to see, the highlight of our trip to Comic-Con. The panel basically became a Q&A for Gerard Butler. From the looks on the rest of the panel’s faces, they had no idea about Gerard’s dedicated and loyal fans.

The Rockn’Rolla trailer had been released online a few weeks ago, but an extend version was shown, which was funnier including clips of a dance sequence with Tandy Newton and Gerard. I definitely cannot wait for opening day for this one, October 3, 2008!




Again, Marcy graciously allowed me to post her pictures, you are welcome to go to her blog to see all of the awesome pictures. Keep checking because it will take her time to upload all of them, she took over 800.
http://angeleno-throughthelens.blogspot.com/


All content, posts, and photos are the property of Joy Somerville. Do not copy, paste, or link without prior permission.

No comments: