Thursday, July 10, 2008

This is why I love teaching

I received an email from a former student, Amy.
This makes the late nights grading papers worth it!


Hi Mrs. Somerville

It's Amy, your class was one of my absolute favorites. I loved the freedom of creativity in the draping [lesson], which I loved and had never done before, so it was really exciting and whenever I had questions you were very helpful.

So I decided that I want to go on to become a designer creating a junior/missy or a kid’s line, I still haven't decided completely yet. I'm an intern at a company, which has been a great learning experience.

My plan from here is to start the bachelor program in fall to continue my education. I've heard nothing but good things about the program. I'm so excited to continue my education and keep learning because no matter how much I think I know there's always so much more, it's crazy!

Thanks again, hope all is well!

Sincerely,
Amy

No comments: