Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Movie Reviews

It’s been a week since I last wrote! WOW how time flies! I’ve been swamped with work, of course, just before I have to go out of town!

Movie Reviews:

Mamma Mia
After missing two prescreening opportunities, I received another invitation from Universal for a prescreening to Mamma Mia, so I couldn’t miss out again!

I love musicals and looked forward to seeing this movie even though I haven’t had the opportunity see the play mainly because of Colin Firth, he’s on my list of 5 favorites. I knew the basic plot, but not much else. Colin didn’t disappoint, my girlfriend and I did the usual elbowing thing, especially when he had a wet shirt scene. Then we just about fell out of our seats when he was wet and shirtless, YES shirtless! LOL!

The singing wasn’t the best, some of the songs were okay, but a lot were out of range for the actor’s voices, especially for Pierce and sometimes for Meryl, but where Meryl’s voice lacked, her acting made up for it, she never disappoints.

Even though I had difficulty grasping the idea of James Bond singing during the movie, I laughed out loud. The story was entertaining. Make sure you stay until the end credits, it will be worth your while to see James Bond and Mr. Darcy in sparkly spandex tights!


On DVD
Occasionally we have DVD marathons, we rent a lot, and catch up with the movies we missed in the cinema.

The Kite Runner
I almost didn’t watch this one because I thought it would be political. I’m happy I did, BEST movie I’ve seen in ages! LOVED IT!!!

Jumper
I love Sci-Fi, so I love this one. I didn’t know Hayden Christensen was in it, he’s a cutie.

Definitely, Maybe
Little Abigail Breslin is adorable. The movie was better than I thought it would be even though it was predictable in some places.


Well I finished all the patterns, finished writing quizzes, but haven’t graded homework, oh well! There will be plenty of time for that when I return.

I’m too excited for a fun filled long weekend with my girlfriends. I’ll try to not get into too much trouble! LOL. Hopefully I will have some great stores with star sightings from the weekend…

1 comment:

Alyson Noel said...

Oh, Mamma Mia is def on my list! Abba and Colin Firth? What more could you want?