We did a lot of prep work during the week in preparation for another back breaking weekend. I measured and checked my plans I had drawn and took a trip to the hardware store to buy the wood, hardware, and supplies for the fence. For the main support posts we used pressure treated wood. There were pre-made sections of picket fences, but Mr. S did not like the construction, so we bought the pre-cut pickets instead. Lots of measurements later we had a fence!
The main posts were set in concrete
All the pickets are spaced the same
distance apart with the dogs watching
I think Zoe has figured out the fence is to keep the dogs out,
she doesn't look happy about it.
The finials were a bit pricey,
but they added the to style I was trying to achieve.
I drafted a pattern on my CAD system to use as
a template to achieve the curve for the gate.
Time to paint!
The fence is looking closer to what I had imagined!
I'm so happy with the results!
I had to search for the trellis. H&H had trellises,
but they were all too wide for the gate opening.
I had to special order the trellis at Armstrong Garden Center.