Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Students Making it Work

The assignment:
My students had one hour to design two garments in pairs.
They could pick from the provided fabric but they could not cut it up.

So with pins and fabric this what they came up with!

Three versions of the green printed chiffon




My photos don't do this design justice, this would look fabulous on the red carpet.




Three versions of the same polka dot fabric


Another design that would look fabulous on the red carpet!


Jack, the only who wanted to be in the pictures














My pick for the top three designs:

#3
I love the train and the tiered draping of the back of this design.


#2
This design was chosen because of the back treatment.


#1
I love the pleating and the transition to the bottom half into to a bubble skirt.

No comments: