Thursday, October 23, 2008

Movie Review ~ Game

It's late, but I wanted to write something before I went to bed.

I went to the first audience test screening of Game tonight. Now, I didn't like Crank, but I have to say Game surpassed my expectations for being that type of movie, better script and storyline.

Gerard's character, Kabel, is a quiet man who speaks rarely, but when he does it's without an accent, the best he has done so far.

The movie opens with shots of buildings with huge screens or build boards on them with images of Kabel, and then cuts into the first action sequence. The movie is wonderfully shot, love the new camera Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor, the directors and writers, used to film it. There's lots of action, very few slow scenes.

It's very violent, sexually explicit, nudity, and language, geared for the 17 - 34 male. We were almost not allowed into the screening because we didn't fit into the demographics of their target market, but they were wonderful and let us in.

I would definitely see Game again!

Okay, that's all for now, I'm exhausted and I have an 8:30 class in the morning!

Game opens May 2009?

No comments: