Monday, September 29, 2008

Movie Review ~ RocknRolla

RocknRolla pre screening in Hollywood @ the Montalban

My friends and I had a great night in Hollywood last night. The event was sold out with many turned away. We of course arrived early and had no problems getting our tickets. The doors opened with a party, lots of food and drink as well as popcorn, candy, and sodas. The people from Flux, Nike, and the Montalban put on a wonderful event, I look forward to more events in the future!

The movie was bit delayed in starting, a man came out on stage to welcome everyone and to announce the film, he also told us there would be a Q&A after the screening with Idris Elba and invited us to stay for the after party.

Finally the movie began, unfortunately the sound system wasn't the best, which didn't help out me out with understanding the dialogue. For me, I was lost with what they were saying because the accents were soooo thick, including Gerard Butler’s wonderful Scottish brogue. The rest of my friends were fine, but I always have difficulty and have to watch British movies with subtitles, especially when they are speaking fast. I know, you'd think I wouldn't have any problems by now, but that just means I have to watch the movie at least a dozen times! LOL!

The movie was hysterical, the audience laughed out loud thoughout, I laughed so much that my thoat is a bit sore. The audience was a good mix of people, mostly young people which was great. The people in line ahead and behind us were there because they are Guy Richie fans.

I'll try not to give too much away, so spoiler alert!

The dance scene was a hoot! I want to see that scene all spliced together in a continuous loop, as well as the second dance scene! LOL! I hope Guy Richie has some great deleted scenes for us when the DVD is released. The scene between Handsome Bob and One Two is sooo funny, Gerard’s range of emotions; shock, anger, the sincere apology, and then -- typical guy, "What did you want to do to me?" (or something like that) LOL!

Afterwards we walked down the street and found a French cafe so we could unwind and discuss the movie without having to yell because of the loud music. I finally pulled up into my driveway about 1:00 am… a wonderful night in Hollywood with the Girls.

I can't wait to see it again tomorrow night! Thank goodness for another screening at the Grove, I know that theater's sound system will be much better and it will be a calmer environment so that I can really concentrate on the movie.

Check out the Flux site for future events: http://flux.net/ & http://flux.net/2008/10


Rocknrolla opens in limited release October 8th, wide release October 31st


No comments: