Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Jay Leno Show ~ Opening Night

Monday September 14 at 8:00 am my grades were faxed and I was ready to begin three weeks of break! I've missed Jay Leno since he left the Tonight Show so Annette and I were beyond excited when she got four tickets to the first taping of the Jay Leno Show!

The studio is huge compared to the old one. My friend Brandt Daniels did an amazing job designing the new set.

Check out Brandt's interview: Brant's Interview

We were seated by the band and had a great time as the audience warmer worked the crowd and we noticed Mavis Leno sitting a few rows in front of us. The audience warmer didn't have to work hard to get us motivated, everyone was hyped to be there.

Jay did his usual thing, he came out dressed in jeans and a denim shirt to welcome us to the show. When he mentioned his guests, Jerry Seinfeld, Jay-Z, Rihanna, and Kanye West, the audience booed at the mention of Kanye's name, but Jay stopped the crowd and said something like, "Now don't do that. Kanye feels really badly about what he did last night, but he was man enough to keep his commitment to come tonight. We are going to sit down and talk. Listen to what he has to say and if you aren't happy then you can do what you want."

It was great to see Jay up on the stage doing his thing, nights haven't been the same since he has been off air. I'm not sure if I like the new format of the show because I'm so use to the old one, with Headlines at the beginning and musical guest at the end, but I'm can't complain Jay came out with a bang!

How timely to be the first to interview Kanye after his rude and disrespectful behavior at the MTV Video Music Awards . The entire audience was on the edge of our seats. I was proud of Jay, he didn't shy from asking what everyone was thinking, “What do you think she would have said about this?” You could hear a pin drop in the studio! I don't know if I was entirely satisfied that Kanye was remorseful, but it brought tears to my eyes.

The excitement of being at the first taping of the Jay Leno show didn't disappoint, Jay was funny as ever, Oprah was on the show, and headlines are back!

Annette, Ray and Barbara waiting outside the NBC studio.

No comments: