Sunday, December 13, 2009

How To Train Your Dragon - More comments

After a good night's rest I thought of more to share without giving anything away, I hate spoilers!

I think Dreamworks and the filmmakers have a hit on their hands. After seeing Monsters and Aliens and Shrek 4 at screening, the story line for "How To Train Your Dragon" was better thought out and the characters' journey were more interesting. Especially the relationship between Hiccup (Jay Baruchel)and his dad, Stoick (Gerard Butler who makes a great hunky and hairy Viking). But I think the script writer, Dean DeBlois, might have more to work with because of the book, "How To Train Your Dragon" by Cressida Cowell.

The finished scenes were really well done with the 3D and animation. I loved all the textures and details. Like I said, the story was funny, funnier than I thought it would be, but how can it not be with Craig Ferguson and Kristen Wiig in the cast. Everyone laughed a lot. I didn't expect the ending. It wasn't the perfect storybook ending which I liked.

How To Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell


How to Train Your Dragon in theaters March 26, 2010

No comments: